Queries about my therapy
Throughout therapy you might have various questions or anxieties. We have listed some of the most common ones below however the key thing to remember is to talk to your therapist about how you are feeling.
- I don’t know what to expect next
- I am feeling worse
- Should my therapist be doing this?
- I don’t feel very involved in the process
- How will I know if my therapy is working as it should?
Raising concerns or problems during therapy:
- I want to find out more about the therapy I’m having
- I want to discuss other things with my therapist
- I keep doing what the therapist says but I don’t want to
- I am blaming myself for things going wrong in the therapy
- I am not getting on with my therapist
- Can I choose another therapist?
- I want to talk in depth about my experience (but my therapist does not)
- I want to find out more about other therapies
- I want to stop therapy (I keep going but don’t want to)
- I want to complain
- Difficulties within group therapy